Work with the Port:
Trade Development, Marketing, and Freight Planning
For those manufacturers, suppliers, farmers, consumers, and other stakeholders interested in working in Milwaukee, Port Milwaukee's team of trade development, marketing, and freight planning professionals can you help you develop your regional supply chain solution utilizing the Port's multimodal transportation and infrastructure options. Port Milwaukee regularly coordinates and collaborates with vessel owners, freight forwarders, and other beneficial owners of cargo to design high quality, cost effective transportation and distribution programs for both domestic and international cargo streams.
An online Port Property Map illustrates currently occupied and available land parcels on Jones Island for commercial utilization. Port Milwaukees offers a variety of transportation and freight-handling services in accordance with its annually published Port Tariff.
Request for Proposal (RFP): Grand Trunk Parcel
Port Milwaukee, a City of Milwaukee department, is seeking high-quality proposals for a long-term tenant at a portion of its "Grand Trunk" parcel, located on the Port's South Harbor Tract. The Grand Trunk site is available for increased commercial utilization and is well-suited for future Port tenants seeking access to the Port's multimodal transportation connections, including two Class 1 rail lines (Union Pacific and Canadian Pacific) as well as water access for tug-and-barge service directly at Grand Trunk. An electronic copy of the full Request for Proposal (RFP) is available online at www.portmilwaukee.com.
Quick Site Facts
- - Owner: Port Milwaukee
- - Address: 632 E. Bay Street; Milwaukee, WI 53207
- - Size: 10/.75 acre segment with potential water and rail access
- - Zoning: IH (Industrial-Heavy)
- - Current Condition: Bare ground property available for commerical utilization and site development.
- - Wharfage and Dockage: In addition to base rent, future tenant will be expected to pay monthly wharfage and dockage
- - October 15, 2019: Formal announcement of Request for Proposal (RFP) opportunity at Grand Trunk
- - October 23, 2019: Site Walk-Through
- - November 15, 2019: Due date of RFP responses at Port Milwaukee
- - December 20, 2019: Selection and notification by Port of contractee
- - July 1, 2020: Start of new lease with Port Milwaukee at Grand Trunk
An electronic copy of the full Request for Proposal (RFP) is available online at www.portmilwaukee.com.
An Addendum addressing questions received by potential respondents is available online at www.portmilwaukee.com.